WELCOME!!

HI!
Please feel free to leave a message at our chatbox on the right, below!
If you're one of the youths, feel free to participate and blog your own post!! Because that keeps the blog active! and if you don't know how to blog, ask the regular bloggers like Tammi, Tanya, Wen Yi and me (ronan)!


"30Even youths grow tired and weary,

and young men stumble and fall;
31but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and now grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."
----Isaiah 40:30-31

Let us reload!

Friday 19 September 2008

youths, uncles, aunties, i need help and advice....=/

hey youths, uncles and aunties... i need some help... i need to tell you guys something... though some of you know this already... but some dont... a few months ago i was offered a scholarship to study in singapore... the school is Methodist Girl's school... im having some trouble deciding whether or not to go... i know this is a golden opportunity not to be missed... but there's so much more to be considered if you really looked into it.. in the beginning i was so excited and eager to go... but the more my parents and i researched on the terms and conditions.. the more confused i got... i've been struggling so much with my parents... arguing so much... there's just too much to consider... and now i dont know whether or not i should go... angelica helped me that day...advising me...thank you!!..i felt better, but my parents and i discussed again.. and im confused again...i even have a hard time sleeping now...-.-"... i'll list down the pros and cons of this scholarship... but it'll only be the ones that i can think of right now k....


pros:
1. everything is paid for till "a" level plus allowance every month
2. i'll be more independent and tougher mentally and emotionally
3. my education will be better (learn more advance)
4. get a chance to see the outside world
5. i dont have to sit for spm..lol
6. my qualification after i graduate would be accepted all over the universities in the world
(Cambridge certified)
7. the school organises overseas trip each year, the students will travel to another part of the
world (place based on my choice) to experience life there..(will be a good experience)
8. its a christian boarding school (i'll be more disciplined)
9. i'll study harder coz i'll be studying under a condition (as a scholar)
10. get to meet people of different races
11. i'll be on my own often, so when i get to university, i will know how to live on my own
12. every subject will be in english... so dont have to study malay.. haha.. except my mother
tongue, im choosing malay coz their level lower than here, means easier...=)
13. when i get into uni, studies wont be so tough coz singapore's "a" level standard is very high
14. i'll learn alot by dealing with decisions i have to make by myself
15. i'll save alot of my parents money coz no more tuitions, piano lessons, and other expenses for
my living in kk.. (singapore expenses will be given as allowance from school).. i'll also save on
the money needed for my "a" levels (though its not much, but still saved some ma...hehe)
16. my english level will improve dramatically...their english terror o!! O.O



cons:
1. i'll be down-graded 2 years, going back to sec 3 when im 17, means im going in to
uni at the age
of 20 or 21.. finish mayb 25 or 26...(so big difference!!!!) if i
continue here, i'll get out of uni by
23 or 24 (this part is the major thing thats
bothering me).. i'll miss out 2 years of working in
the society, gaining experience
and salary, and my seniority (being a senior) will be reached
when im much
older, means get promotion much later (when im working)

2. i'll miss my senior year here, which i was looking forward to very much. if i stay on here, i will
be in uni so soon.. if i go there.. uni years seems so far...=(
3. studies there will be really hard, especially "a" levels, and i wont have tuition, im gonna be
working on my own, which will be hard.
4. as a scholar, i will be often observed and judged by the local students there, means alot of
stress, coz have to maintain good grades..(coz as a scholar, we must excel...-.-")
5. if i really cant cope with the studies there, we have to pay 10% more of the
scholarship. 1
year's school fee is about 15,000 sing dollars (x 2 point something
for RM, u do the maths)..
like if i make it through sec 3 and 4, OK la.. but if i cant
cope with "a" levels (that'll be my 3 or
forth year, then 15,000 x 3/4 sing dollars x
10% again) means... MATAI!! =(.. this is my major
problem too.
6. Singaporeans moral values are not very good.. according to many people... and character is
more important than knowledge, so, if I'm being influenced, no money would be enough to pay
and bring me back... (even though we have God, I'm not doubting God OK.. i know clearly
everything is possible for Him but why risk it when u can avoid it)
7. my relationship with family will be distant, we are close lo now.. with mum dad sis, everything
is great... don't wanna lose that so soon...=/
8. I'll miss the youth!! =(
9. im afraid i get too stress till i have problems mentally and emotionally (hey, it might happen
OK..lol) especially during "a" levels
10. if my "o" level result (kinda like spm but its during sec 4, means the end of high school is sec
4)... if the result not good.. I'll be send to a neighbourhood Junior college, means not so good
teachers, that'll make my "a" level harder to cope with.
11. I'll study more subjects in "a" level... here only 3 or 4.. there 5 or 6...even thought difference
by 1 sub, but that's a lot when u study it right...=/
12. i wont have my parents around to teach and guide me anymore... through problems and stuff



That's all for now........ please please pray for me... pray that I'll make the right choice... and please, if any1 has information bout studies in Singapore and life experiences...(maybe from relatives or friends that study there)... please find out bout it and let me know please.... this may seem like a small issue and I'm like making it a big deal.. but to me.. it is a big deal... coz I'm the 1 going there to study... I'm the one that's going to face every difficulties... so... please help and pray.... thanks... if any1 has any advice and info... and I'm hoping for some feedback....please feel free to email me at soowenyi@hotmail.com or "msn" me...
kindly think carefully bout the pros and cons before commenting as this is a serious thing im going to have to face ....every one's concern and help would be deeply truly sincerely appreciated...THANK U!!! =)

No comments: