WELCOME!!

HI!
Please feel free to leave a message at our chatbox on the right, below!
If you're one of the youths, feel free to participate and blog your own post!! Because that keeps the blog active! and if you don't know how to blog, ask the regular bloggers like Tammi, Tanya, Wen Yi and me (ronan)!


"30Even youths grow tired and weary,

and young men stumble and fall;
31but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and now grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."
----Isaiah 40:30-31

Let us reload!

Saturday 20 September 2008

WEN YI! this is for you =)

Okay. First up, really sorry if I come off as rambling. Second, this is just my honest opinion, what happens is up to you okay? It's your decision. Your parents may help, whoever gives their opinions may help, but yes, obviously it is you who makes the choice =)

Yes my dear congratulations on making it! Happy for you and proud of you. I'm sure many other people would do anything for this opportunity, and there is it, right in front of you, waiting for you instead of the other way round, if you know what I mean xD

I read through your list of pros and cons, and they are good. It made me like "Whoa! Go for it!" at first and then all of a sudden "Oh yeah..." Especially the pay more thing. Sheesh. So money-minded this $ingaporean government. Everywhere is DON'T DO THIS OR $___ and then if I don't fulfill my tuition grant deal I also need to pay back -_-

BUT..

I do admit that this is a nice place (no I'm not just talking about shopping xD). The place is quite clean (not perfect, but better than you-kn0w-where), transportation is awesome, there are student meals everywhere! Uhm, yeah. Hahaha. It's quite an ideal place to study in my opinion because it's better than Malaysia yet near to Malaysia. HAH. I'm serious. At the rate of how our politics are going -_- *shakes head*.

ANYWAY I don't like politics, so moving on.....

You mentioned that because it's a Christian school, you will be more disciplined. Maybe the system will be good, but what about the people there? Your classmates? Especially since it's an all-girls school O.o I seriously doubt I could deal with that xD I'm not saying everybody is bad. My Singaporean friends are nice and all, but I do know of others who are not my class who are... eh. Never mind. Wherever we are, we have to be careful with whom we acquaint ourselves with =)

In the long run, yes, university life will not be tough for you because you've already been accustomed to working hard and so on. But what about while you are still in the methodist school? Are you prepared to take up the challenge of living up to the high standards and results? It's a competitive world (even getting in and out of the MRT gets you into a competitive mood. See here.) xD

AGAIN BEFORE I MOVE ON I SHALL CLARIFY that I am not saying that you cannot do it, Wen Yi. I know you can =) I'm just pointing out stuff so you can be prepared =D Again, it's just my opinion xD

About starting and finishing uni later, I don't think it's THAT big a deal (it still is something to be considered, but you needn't worry that much =] )

4. as a scholar, i will be often observed and judged by the local students there, means alot ofstress, coz have to maintain good grades..(coz as a scholar, we must excel...-.-") <-- Yeah, okay. Again, the pressure of maintaining high and good grades. Depending on the person this may make or break him or her. If you get the drive to really excel based on peer pressure (this time I think it's kinda considered good peer pressure) then I think it's a good motivation. But be careful because Singaporeans are racist and might tend to look down on you. But I think you might be all right xD It's highly likely that you will be mistaken as a fellow Singaporean, as I often am xD But then I do get comments like "Eh you're from Malaysia right? But your English quite good ah!" xD It's a compliment, yeah, but shows how they think of us in general. Hahaha. One even told me "So far ya, out of all the Malaysians I know, you are the one with the best English. All the others ah.. *shakes head*" xD And your English is quite good wat, Wen Yi! You needn't worry =D

6. Singaporeans moral values are not very good.. according to many people... and character ismore important than knowledge, so, if I'm being influenced, no money would be enough to payand bring me back... (even though we have God, I'm not doubting God OK.. i know clearlyeverything is possible for Him but why risk it when u can avoid it) <-- Cling onto Him and you will be fine =) And remember to mix in with the right crowd! Not everybody is bad but certainly not everyone is good. One time in a combined class, there were some people who aren't from my class sitting behind me, and they joked a lot about inappropriate stuff and dropped F-bombs sometimes. Thank God I don't know them.

And yes dear. Even if you are the most accomplished student in the entire school yet have conformed and become... bad, and stuff... I consider that a waste.

. im afraid i get too stress till i have problems mentally and emotionally (hey, it might happenOK..lol) especially during "a" levels <-- Sad to say I'm still not very close with you, so I don't know how you deal with stress. If you easily crack, then please reconsider. I don't think it's worth it if you go crazy and stuff.

But honestly. Is the only reason your parents want you to go is because of the financial support?I'm not saying it's not a good reason, but. I don't know. It's definitely not the best. You don't want to go a free school that kills you right, hahaha.

Don't worry I will continue to pray for you, and if you want I can ask my local friends for more info and their opinions if you like =) Whatever you choose, everyone still loves you and God will guide you, whether you remain in KK, come here to Singapore or end up in.. I dunno.. Alaska or something xD Just kidding, haha..

Sorry if I sounded like I'm such a negative person in my post D= It's just my opinion. In general, from a third-person point of view, I think it's a good opportunity. But as a friend and quite possibly a big sister =p I just want to be sure that you are ready. It's not a small deal made big. You are part of our youth and every decision that has to made is a big deal =)

God bless you and aid you in making the right decision =)

lots of love
TaMMi

No comments: