WELCOME!!

HI!
Please feel free to leave a message at our chatbox on the right, below!
If you're one of the youths, feel free to participate and blog your own post!! Because that keeps the blog active! and if you don't know how to blog, ask the regular bloggers like Tammi, Tanya, Wen Yi and me (ronan)!


"30Even youths grow tired and weary,

and young men stumble and fall;
31but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and now grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."
----Isaiah 40:30-31

Let us reload!

Sunday 21 September 2008

Tanya here.

First off I wanna say HATS OFF to Ronan for thinking of this blog idea.. I mean, we all can see now that its a big hit. among ourselves lah, haha.. BRILLIANT!
but see? we can all tell each other about our lives and such things even during the weekdays, and even keep in touch with those not in KK.. and let the adults have a glimpse of how we think and etc... you know what I mean.

I'd much rather blog HERE than in my own blog, actually.

to WEN YI :
I am TOTALLY biased about you going to Singapore. Of course I am. Cause I will MISS YOU and when you originally had at least another year here you would leave about the same time as those who were already planning to leave. Example, those A-Level graduates and SPM graduates and.. yeah..
Trying to put ALL biased excuses aside...

This singapore scholarship IS a big deal.
Either decision you make, you will wonder, "What would have happened if I stayed in KK/took that scholarship".
I don't want you to regret staying here and giving up that scholarship and a chance to be a scholar, an opportunity leap to greater heights when you're so young (I mean, you're pushed back but its still WAY more advanced than here)to become so 'powerful' and independant. To prepare yourself for university....
compared with staying in LOK YUK. I mean. come on. LOK YUK compared with METHODIST' GIRLS SCHOOL.
ha. you get my point. But your friends in Lok Yuk 'win', I THINK. =)

I also don't want you to regret going there, experiencing the thrills of independence, living out by yourself, meeting people from all around the world, having the name of a SCHOLAR, and saving all that money (dont get me wrong-saving is good!) and miss out on your last few years of 'childhood'.

Teenhood.

Whatever.. I mean.. when I think of going out to study at your age, the first thing I think of is like, giving up your last few moments of freedom. Because once you go.. You are like living the life of a UNIVERSITY STUDENT. You're only 16 this year!
You'd be under pressure to study hard and keep the scholarship. I know there's time for fun, but your schoolmates and friends will also be your competitors.

I don't have a SINGLE doubt about you handling it. I know you can, 100%. But do you WANT TO be able to handle this? To be under such pressure and stress. Is it worth it? (Sorry for sounding like a drill sergeant)

Will you become hardened from living in such a cold and 'harsh' environment from such a young age compared with gaining a little bit more life experience here?
Or are you up for the challenge of becoming independent and 'your own person' and learning different things, different ways of life... I admit that the thought of becoming so independent and living 'by myself' in another country as nice as Singapore would make me feel kinda 'powerful'.

I don't know about you...Will it be worth it?

I'm SORRY! I don't think I helped you at all. That was the only think I could think of right now.
That was DEFINITELY biased. Sigh. Sorry. I almost wish that I got the scholarship so I can go with you...I would be in the same class... =')

We will all be praying for you. Just be sure that the decision you make is totally God's will. He has great plans for you either way though...Talk to you soon...

No comments: