WELCOME!!

HI!
Please feel free to leave a message at our chatbox on the right, below!
If you're one of the youths, feel free to participate and blog your own post!! Because that keeps the blog active! and if you don't know how to blog, ask the regular bloggers like Tammi, Tanya, Wen Yi and me (ronan)!


"30Even youths grow tired and weary,

and young men stumble and fall;
31but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and now grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."
----Isaiah 40:30-31

Let us reload!

Wednesday 6 August 2008

ODJ?

Well, remember back in Youth Camp, early in the morning we would gather in groups and read photostated articles which we called the quiet materials during this session called 'Quiet Time'? Well, i'm thinking of us doin just that..right here in this blog. I think maybe just pick some from the week instead of everyday's and see how far this go, eh?

So for those who checks this blog out and might not have this Our Daily Journey or couldn find time to read it, i'll be typing down tuesday's article, then whoever has read this or already read it by yourselves at home then you can comment and share what you think about the article. Just like what we did back in Youth Camps. And let me know what you all think about this idea too.

ODJ: Tuesday, August 5
focus
Read> 2 Kings 14: 1-14
'You have indeed defeated Edom, and you are very proud of it (v.10)'

We leaned against the churning machines in the barracks laundry room. As our clothes slashed and spun, we discussed the agitated condition of the world since our recall to active duty. Inevitably, our conversation turned to God.

My new friend told me he shared my faith in Jesus. Back home, he had been a youth group leader. But here, he said, "So often I just lose focus." I found his candor refreshing. Why do we "lose focus" so readily? How can we enjoy spiritual victory and the peace of God one moment, and then suffer a discouraging defeat the next?

Amaziah, one of the lesser-known kings in the Bible, accomplished a few good things but quickly lost focus. He showed mercy to the sons of his father's assassins. He also won a great victory over hostile Edom. But Amaziah lost sight of the source of his victory and challenged the other half of God's divided kingdom, Israel. The result: a crushing defeat (vv.7-14).

We won't achieve any meaningful success in our own strength. Without God, we have nothing. So how do we maintain focus?
  • Read the Bible. Time spent with God's Word should be as essential to us as our daily food.
  • Work on your prayer life! If your mind wanders like mine, make your prayers brief, but pray more often.
  • Learn to rely on the Holy Spirit every day. Find Christian friends to pray with you and be accountable to each other.
The Christian life isn't complicated, nor is it easy. Jesus said we must take up our cross daily and follow Him. If we don't, we're sure to lose focus.
-- Tim Gustafon

More>
  • Luke 9:23 Then He(Jesus) said to them all: 'If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.
  • John 12:26 'Whoever serves Me(Jesus) must follow Me; and where I am, My servant will be. My Father will honor the one who serves Me.'
  • Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
Next>
What distractions have caused you to lose spiritual focus? What will you do to gain better focus in your relationship with God?

No comments: