WELCOME!!

HI!
Please feel free to leave a message at our chatbox on the right, below!
If you're one of the youths, feel free to participate and blog your own post!! Because that keeps the blog active! and if you don't know how to blog, ask the regular bloggers like Tammi, Tanya, Wen Yi and me (ronan)!


"30Even youths grow tired and weary,

and young men stumble and fall;
31but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and now grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."
----Isaiah 40:30-31

Let us reload!

Saturday 1 November 2008

interesting morning...

Today started off like every usual Saturday, wake up, get ready for piano... today started as usual till... my dad sent me to piano. Something went wrong today, when we were pulling out of the parking space of my house, our car suddenly died off. My dad went : "oh no! please don't tell me its gonna die now" i asked him what happened and he told me that he did not pump petrol last night. He would only do so when the price of diesel drops today. then i told him that its OK, we would probably make it to the shell located not far from our home. So, he restarted the engine and we "rolled down" the hill (i live on a hill) because the gear was set to neutral to save diesel... lol... We cruised along till the car slowed down then my dad stepped on the gas slightly... Finally we reached the shell station but many cars were queuing up to pump petrol as well. My dad decided to skip this station and pump diesel at the other shell station situated not far from where my piano teacher's house was. I asked him if he was sure that we would make it. He answered me in an calm and assured tone:"sure we would". I just nodded and said OK then. we drove and drove till we reached the turning that leads to the other side of the road where the shell station was as well as the road leading to my piano teacher's house. The oncoming traffic was quite heavy, so we had to wait for quite some time. Suddenly, the whole car died off again!! My dad tried to restart the engine but the car wasn't willing to cooperate this time. And both of us went "OH.. MY.. GOSH"... we were the first car at the turning, this means we would hold up traffic behind us.. and we were at a turning where many cars went by. It would be very difficult to push the car across the two-lane road. Fortunately, the shell station was just opposite. Not too far away. So, i suggested to dad that i could maneuver the car at the same time push while my dad would push from the back. He sort of doubted that i could do it, so i just went "haiya! can 1 la". So we did that, suddenly two LADIES, i mean LADIES! NOT MEN!.. they came running from the petrol station to come and help us push the car. After pushing with much effort, we reached the petrol station and my dad came running to the driver's seat (where i was sitting) at the door was open, he shouted STOP! so being an obedient kid, i BRAKED!! and he smashed into the door! I was so shock to see him slamming into the car door. Luckily it wasn't a hard slam. So, we pushed the car to the pump and i offered to help my dad pay at the counter so he could rest as he looked tired after pushing the car under the hot sun. As i was about to leave the car, the supervisor (i think) came running to us. Guess what she told us? Devastating news yet quite humorous now i come to think of it. She told us that diesel has been sold out!!! O.O... Me and my dad again went : "OH... MY... GOSH!"... argh!! she told us that she would lend us a bottle to fill some diesel from another station. Problem is, how are we going to another station? My dad said he would settle it and he told me to walk to my piano teacher's house. I looked towards the hill leading to her house and for a split second, i thought my dad was joking. But then, i thought, do i have other choices? So, i said goodbye baba, and went on with my journey. I crossed roads and walked up 2 hills and finally reached the ever good looking house of my piano teacher. When i stepped into her house, i was breathing hard and sweat was flowing down my face. My piano teacher's husband greeted me with :"good morning beauty, how come i dint hear your car?" i just smiled and said, my car had gone already. =). And that, was my Saturday morning for a change.

2 comments:

justinlim said...

what a liar u have been....haiz....hahahahah....u mean u maneuver the car????....ah yo....u just hurt ur dad by making him bang on the door....nxt time go back teach u how to drive la....hahahhahah....bt no bad for the 1st try...cool experience

Tanya Chantal Tan said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! POOR WEN YI! HAHAHAHAHAHA COOL POST